Running on the Treadmill

I used to have a diary. A number of times. I was all excited the first time - having just read Harriet the Spy, (don't remember the plot, but there was a diary in there). I asked for a 'pretty' notebook for my birthday, and started to write in it. From what I remember it was mostly about Kenny Danis, my 5th grade flame. Over the years, I attempted a number of times to keep a diary, but each time despite my initial enthusiasm I found I had nothing to write and no time to write. Too busy experiencing life I guess to write about it. The only time I was moderately successful was during a trip to the Parks of the American West, but that was more of a log of what I'd seen and impressions. I found it inane reading it years later and decided not to go into nature writing - EVER.

Of course a Blog is nothing more than a public diary of sorts. So once again, despite my initial enthusiasm, I find myself mostly without time, and occasionally without any profound thoughts - especially after having to relate the 6th serialization of the adventures of the pirate John Smith, who finds out he's a Jew and returns to Orthodoxy, and moves to Israel as related to my six year old. How much creativity could I have left to write a blog after such a story?

Never-the-less, I'm returning to the blog because my social networking guru husband tells me its important when I launch my company/production in location based services Google will know me.

Do I really want Google to know me??? Hold that thought - I'll try to use it for another post, 4 months from now when I write my next blog.

All this is of course completely of topic. This past month or two, I have felt like a hamster on a treadmill, mostly brainless, and running around a lot, but not getting too far. If you look closely, the treadmill actually moves forward every-so-slightly as the hamster runs - so there is some manner of progress.

I'm the chief cook and bottle washer in a location based services company, which remember from the last post, I can't tell you about because its a secret (sort of like Harriet's diary). I hired a programmer, who proceeded to program the prototype in J2ME. The only thing we learned from that effort was the difficulty in supporting multi-platform mobile devices going that route. Back to square one. So we outsourced the front end to a flash lite development house - who inform me that the product is done. When I complain its buggy (not as in baby carriage in some foreign UK English)the programmer explains to the idiot marketing CEO (me) that its a feature not a bug. That's one of those phrases that just make me want to C.I.L.L. (for those of you who used to watch S.N.L.) my programmer!

So we've got a beautiful interface now that doesn't completely work. And I watch the bank like a timer as the sand/money slowly or more accurately quickly disappears.

And I want to work in high-tech because....stress is good for me? What was wrong with that publishing job, where the biggest stress was when the author got pissy about the title of the book.

Well its back to the treadmill. If only I would lose weight from all this running.

Comments